Prayer and Meditation
Below is an audio-guided mediation prepared by Mrs. Bommarito.
Morning Prayer and Thought of the Day
As we do each day, we will be offering morning prayer and a thought of the day to our students. This slideshow will be updated every day with a new prayer and a new reflection.
- Find a quiet spot and sit comfortably.
- Begin with 30 seconds of quiet (you may choose to count your breathes at this time)
- Take 3 deep breath (Inhale through your nose, Exhale through your mouth)
- Now take a moment to imagine yourself being more calm, peaceful and focused
- Allow your unconscious mind to naturally conjure an image of what that would feel like; consider what you might be seeing, hearing, and what you might be feeling that shows you are more calm, peaceful and focused
- Perhaps you are already feeling more calm, peaceful and focused. If not, notice that your unconscious mind can reveal how you might do this.
- Now, maybe you can think of a simple way to incorporate this feeling of calm into your life in the days and weeks ahead.
- I invite you now to take a breath for a moment, and begin to move your attention back to the room, listening to the sounds around you. Ask yourself how was that? What did you learn?
- Now take a moment and reflect on “Just for Today.”
Nurse Judy created a meditation set to music which she wants to share with our community. We hope it brings you peace during this time.
Virtual Guided Meditation
Mrs. Christina Sama-Bommarito has complied resources for mediation during this time. Please follow this link to learn more.
There will be Virtual Guided Meditation via Google Meet every Wednesday at 2:45pm. We encourage everyone to join us.